Thursday 26 September 2019

Chapter 1 - Arrival

Boarded the Dreamliner, marvelled a little bit at the Rolls Royce Trent engines. Fiddled with the window shade dimming feature, spent the next 9 hrs restless and unable to sleep.


My pano of the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 

But we landed on time to Narita Airport.



Coming in to land, I looked out to see a mountain shaped cloud. Then I was seriously impressed to realise it was Mt Fuji! What a welcome

I couldn't be bothered to carry my rucksack so I paid £19 to have it delivered later that day to my hotel (#firstworldprivilege) then proceeded to spend 2+ hours travelling from the airport to aforementioned hotel. It took 2 trains, and two bits of walking including uphill.
But before that we stopped for a drink at a German pub, would you believe?
And later that day, we ended up in an Irish bar 'Shamrock', all because on both occasions we were not familiar with whether other restaurants or F&B establishments served beer. So green, so new!


Good weather in Tokyo City. This is a garden close to Ueno Station we walked through.

I slogged on until 8pm and hit the bed.
My luggage arrived at 8.30pm!

DiStar Consumption Index for the Day:

Ramen 1
Fries      1
Baby beers 2





No comments:

Post a Comment